A major share of hand-held devices runs on the Android Operating System - which is open source and customizable.
The Android Application Development Workshop provides participants technical training on the concepts and programming methodologies needed to develop applications for mobile devices.
Participants will learn to use different android libraries. Instruction is aided with live projects which will allow students to grasp concepts of the complete mobile application development life-cycle.
- Participants will be able to develop their own android applications
- Participants will understand working of various android applications
- Participants are encouraged to think and come up with new application ideas
- Interactive lecture sessions
- Group discussions to encourage innovation
- Good multimedia content to help students grasp the material easily
- Career guidance by experienced faculty
- Workshop developed by IIT Kanpur graduates
Course Structure & Topics covered:
- Introduction to Mobile Application Development
- Role of Android in mobile industry
- Introduction to Android SDK and its setup
- Building the Application Framework
- Designing User Interfaces
- Activities, Services, Intents, Broadcast Receivers
- Resources, Menus, Content Providers, Dialogs, Notifications
- Working with Data, Multimedia, Location
- Publishing the developed application into Play Store
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Code Instruct certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Software & Material
- Eclipse IDE with Android SDK installed plug-ins
- Booklet on Android Application Development
Anybody interested in learning mobile application programming can attend this workshop.
- Basic knowledge about using computers
- Basic knowledge on Programming
- Enthusiasm to learn about new technologies
(*)Each participant should bring his her laptop.
Android App Development Workshop was really good. I enjoyed this process of learning Android and Mobile App Development. I was skeptical initially but at the end, it was wonderful to see my own app working on my phone.
-Niharika, CVSREC Hyderabad
Why Code Instruct?
- Code Instruct is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Computer Science Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college