A practical and hands-on introduction to the Linux operating system, this workshop is perfectly suited for administrators,
developers or power-users planning to use Linux in their environment. The workshop will also be very handy for decisionmakers evaluating Linux for its IT infrastructure.
The labs and concepts are independent of a particular distribution of Linux and apply to other flavors of UNIX as well. We use a
recent Linux distribution for all labs.
- Introduction to Linux Operating System; exposure to the latest tools and methods being used by developers/administrators in the industry
- Interactive lecture sessions and Demonstration of Linux Desktop Environment
- Group discussions and Good multimedia content to encourage innovation and help students grasp the material easily
- Career guidance by experienced faculty
Course Structure & Topics covered:
- Introduction to Linux and Open source software
- Top issues to consider when migrating to Linux
- Getting around a Linux system
- Introduction to X graphical system
- Linux command line and editing
- Shell scripting
- Overview of bash scripting language
- Linux file management
- File attributes - ownership, permissions
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Skyfi Labs certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Software & Material
- Booklet on different tools for Linux OS
- Software tools for Practical Session
Anybody interested in developing, programming, administrators etc
- Basic knowledge about using computers
- Enthusiasm to learn about new technologies
- Basic knowledge about using Web & Internet
*Each participant should bring his/her own laptop
Why Code Instruct?
- Code Instruct is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Computer Science Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college