App developers around the World are slowly embracing the Windows Phone App development platform after Microsoft opened its doors, or you can say Windows to the open source community. By allowing meaningful code sharing between apps, the platform interface blends well across devices.
This workshop provides an introduction to mobile application development using popular Windows technologies. It is the perfect opportunity for participants to upgrade their existing programming knowledge and develop apps for Windows mobile devices.
- Participants will be able to develop their own Windows phone applications
- Participants will understand working of various Windows phone applications
- Participants are encouraged to think and come up with new application ideas
- Interactive lecture sessions
- Group discussions to encourage innovation
- Good multimedia content to help students grasp the material easily
- Program developed by IIT Kanpur graduates
Course Structure and Topics Covered
- Introduction to Mobile Application Development
- Role of Windows in mobile industry
- Introduction to Windows SDK and its setup
- Windows Phone Architecture
- Windows Phone Development Life Cycle
- Web browser control
- Working with Media Library and Notifications
- Tab, Pivot and Panorama Control
- Accelerometer , Isolated Storage
- Working with Choosers and Launchers
- Application bar, Themes and Page Navigation
- Working with Animations and Tiles
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Code Instruct certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Software & Material
- Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows Phone SDK
- Booklet on Windows Phone Application Development
Anybody interested in learning mobile application programming can attend this workshop.
- Basic knowledge on Object Oriented Programming
- Enthusiasm to learn about new technologies
Why Code Instruct?
- Code Instruct is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Computer Science Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college